November 27, 2009

Gratuitous First Post

If we are going to send out a link to this blog to folks, we should probably at least have one post up before we start getting visitors. Hence, this gratuitous first post. So that there is actually some substance to this entry, we have conveniently provided below some vital information/statistics for your reading pleasure.

Due date? April 24, 2010

How far along? 19 weeks as of tomorrow, for those of you who don't like math.

Conception date? too many possible choices to narrow it down to just one

How is Allison feeling? She hasn't puked yet, but it was dicey on a few occasions. The nausea is gone now, but so still is her energy.

How is Bryan feeling? I've had frequent beer cravings and night terrors about the possibility of having a daughter (who will inevitably want to date at some point), but I'm told these reactions are completely normal (and probably related).

Boy or girl?
TBA, circa 9 a.m., Tuesday, December 15 (we are going to find out)

Do you want a boy or a girl? Yes, one of those two would be preferable. But seriously, we just want the kid to be healthy.

Have you decided on names? Yes. A girl would be named Bryna Liesl (no, there aren't missing letters in the middle name - it's German, or so I'm told). Our name for a boy is currently classified, but I can tell you that he would not be a Jr.

Is there a "baby bump" yet? I have been trying to cut back lately, so I really don't appreciate the question. Oh, you mean Allison? I knew that. She says (and I quote): "I've gained about four pounds, but I don't appear pregnant to most people."

Any pictures? Yep. See below, from the week 12 ultrasound. The arrowhead looking thingee to the right is the body and the big round blob on the left is the head. Unfortunately, the kid so far resembles me the most (just look at the size of that noggin!).